Audubon Center Bent of the River has approximately 15 miles of hiking trails that pass through meadows and woods and are open from sunrise to sunset. Some of these trails traverse over countryside that feels very remote and wild even though we are located less than 2 miles north of Interstate 84 in Southbury, Connecticut.
June 11, 2018 Trails Update- due to the May wind storms, many of our forested trails are closed until further notice. Current trails open include:
Universal Access Trail, Board walk, River Road, Althea's Meadow, Cedar Fields, Beaver Loop trail, Pootatuck Road to Zig Zag Trail, Zig Zag trail between Pootatuck and Cedar Fields.
The center is for the protection, study, and enjoyment of nature:
- Please leave pets at home
- No hunting, fishing, or collecting
- No river access except with an educational tour
- Please stay on the trails
- Take only pictures and leave only footprints
- Please respect our neighbors’ privacy and stay on Center grounds