Audubon Center Bent of the River has approximately 15 miles of hiking trails that pass through meadows and woods and are open from sunrise to sunset. Some of these trails traverse over countryside that feels very remote and wild even though we are located less than 2 miles north of Interstate 84 in Southbury, Connecticut.
**March 5, 2018 Update- The Boardwalk on the River Road Trail is closed until further notice because of storm damage. The rest of our trails are safe and clear, so please walk carefully on the driveway to reach the barn and access the other trails from there.
The center is for the protection, study, and enjoyment of nature:
- Please leave pets at home
- No hunting, fishing, or collecting
- No river access except with an educational tour
- Please stay on the trails
- Take only pictures and leave only footprints
- Please respect our neighbors’ privacy and stay on Center grounds