Thank you to our supporters for caring about birds, their habitats, and Bent of the River Audubon Center! Because of your generosity on April 20 and 21, 2021, we raised $21,615 through Connecticut Community Foundation's Give Local event. Thank you also to CCF and the many event sponsors for supporting this amazing local giving opportunity. This is much-needed support as birds and people continue to flock to our center amid the loss of funding sources and staff positions due to the COVID-19 crisis. We cannot thank our community enough!
Your giving will make a greater impact on April 20 and 21!
Beginning at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, April 20 through Wednesday, April 21 at 7 p.m. Bent of the River Audubon Center has the opportunity to raise much-needed funds to support the work at our center that is critical to nature education and our work that supports bird and habitat conservation. We need your help!
It’s not just what you give, it’s when you give too! Below are the different prizes Bent of the River Audubon Center is competing for during Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills. Plus, be on the look for unique Bent of the River Challenge Matches (details coming soon).
TUESDAY, APRIL 20
- 7 - 10 a.m. Bent of the River $1,000 Match from Jennings and Davis – Help the Bent win Southbury's Kick Start Prize and maximize your giving through this match donation opportunity. Donations made to Bent of the River Audubon Center through Give Local between 7 – 10 a.m. will be matched by up to $1,000. (Sponsored by Kevin Jennings and Jeff Davis)
- Southbury’s Kick Start – $1,000 awarded to the Southbury organization with gifts from the most unique donors* between 7 - 10 a.m. (Sponsored by Southbury Community Trust Fund)
- 10 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Bent of the River $7,000 Match from Salem Foundation Fund – Double your impact through this match donation opportunity. Donations made to Bent of the River Audubon Center through Give Local between 10 a.m. – 11:30 p.m., will be matched by up to $1,000 per individual donation, for a maximum match donation total of $7,000 (Sponsored by Salem Foundation Fund).
- Give New Haven County! – $1,000 awarded to a New Haven County organization with the most unique donors* between 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Sponsored by Liberty Bank)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21
- Midnight Madness – $1,000 awarded to the organization that receives a donation closest to midnight (Sponsored by Gager Bower & Scalzo, LLP)
- Rise and Shine Southbury – $1,000 awarded to the organization that receives a donation closest to 6:04:00 a.m., the time of sunrise. (Sponsored by Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey)
- Midnight - 9 a.m. Bent of the River $1,000 Match from Hawthorne – Help advance conservation at the Bent and maximize your giving through this match donation opportunity. Donations made to Bent of the River Audubon Center through Give Local between Midnight - 9 a.m. will be matched by up to $1,000. And if you make your donation as close as possible to midnight or 6:04 a.m., we’ll have the added chance to win the Midnight Madness or Rise and Shine Southbury Prize. (Sponsored by Danielle Hawthorne and D. Noel Imagery)
- Dollars for New Haven County – $1,000 awarded to an organization that raises the most revenue between 12 - 3 p.m. (Sponsored by Marion Manufacturing)
*Learn more about unique donors at www.givelocalccf.org/prizes.
Thank you for your support and shared dedication to nature!
About: Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills is a 36-hour online giving event, hosted by Connecticut Community Foundation and sponsored by Ion Bank Foundation, that benefits the vital work of hundreds of nonprofit organizations in our region—including Bent of the River Audubon Center. Every dollar raised by the Bent during this giving event can be stretched further through bonus funds and prizes donated by Connecticut Community Foundation and their generous sponsors.