Join the Audubon Team! You can get involved with the Audubon Center Bent of the River in many ways that will satisfy your interests and help serve as an outstanding conservation and education resource for the community. Opportunities are available for high school students (age 14 and older), individuals and groups.
- Teacher Naturalists—Our volunteer teachers work with school groups and other organizations to conduct programs and guide students on our trails. Some experience working with elementary students is a plus. Training is provided. Weekdays. Adults.
- Citizen Scientists—Take part in seasonal census and research projects throughout the year. Projects can include the Summer Bird Count, Christmas Bird Count, Summer Butterfly Count, Fall Hawk Watch Count, Project Feeder Watch, and spring vernal pool surveys. Some natural history knowledge is necessary. Adults and high school students.
- Trail Maintainers—Assist our land manager and caretaker with trail upkeep, invasive plant control, light carpentry, footbridge repair, and litter removal. Weekdays. Adults, high school students, and groups.
- Gardeners—Help us maintain the special wildlife gardens around the Clark House and the barn. Landscaped areas for butterflies, hummingbirds, songbirds, and other wildlife need weeding and watering. Gardening knowledge is a plus. Weekdays. Adults, high school students, and groups.
- Photographers—We always need more good digital photographs of the natural beauty of our sanctuaries and of the activities year-round. Use our camera or yours. Photography experience is necessary. Weekdays, weekends, and evenings. Adults and high school students.
- Administrative Assistants—Help Audubon staff with office functions, including mailings, copying, phone calls, and special projects. Weekdays.
If you have other ideas or talents, please call us to discuss them. For more information on volunteering at Audubon Center Bent of the River, contact us at 203-264-5098.