Your giving will make a greater impact on April 24 and 25!
Beginning at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, April 24 through Wednesday, April 25 at 7 p.m. Audubon Center Bent of the River has the opportunity to raise much-needed funds to support the work at our center that is critical to bird and habitat conservation and nature education. We need your help!
Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills is a 36-hour online giving event hosted by Connecticut Community Foundation. Every dollar raised by the Bent during this giving event can be stretched further through bonus funds and prizes donated by Connecticut Community Foundation and their generous sponsors.
Every Dollar Donated Gets a Boost!
It’s not just what you Give, it’s when you give too!
Here are the different prizes Audubon Center Bent of the River is competing for during Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills.
Tuesday, April 24
- $1000.00 awarded to the organization with the most unique donors* between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- $1000.00 awarded randomly to a Woodbury, Southbury, or Middlebury organization with 5 or more unique donors* between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- $1000.00 awarded to an organization with a STEM program that has the most unique donors* between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- $1000.00 awarded randomly to an environmental organization with 5 or more unique donors* between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Wednesday, April 25
- $1000.00 awarded to the organization that receives a donation closet to sunrise in Waterbury at 5:57 a.m.
- $1000.00 awarded to the organization that raises the most dollars between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
*For the purpose of awarding prizes, a "unique" donor is one individual, corporation, or business. Multiple donations from one individual to the same nonprofit will count as one unique donor.
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bent of the River cannot thank our supporters enough for helping to ensure the protection of birds, other wildlife, and the places they need today and tomorrow. Using science, advocacy, education, and on the ground conservation, our programs are making a difference in Connecticut and throughout the Atlantic Flyway. Your gifts help us to:
- Provide more than 2,000 children with science and nature-based school programs and summer camp opportunities
- Maintain 700 acres of open space
- Give you and thousands of other visitors to our property, full access to walk the trails, enjoy the wonder of nature, and attend entertaining and educational programs
Thank you for your shared dedication to nature!