Bent of the River Audubon Center (185 East Flat Hill Road, Southbury, CT 06488)
Have you ever wanted to see a songbird up close? Here is your opportunity! Join Audubon Connecticut's Director of Conservation, Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe for a morning of bird banding at the charming Bent of the River Audubon Center. You will meet up with Bent staff in the visitor's lot at 7:30 AM. We will walk to the barn for a simple breakfast on the birding balcony and then take a beautiful hike out to the bird banding station. We never know which birds will land in our nets, but you might get to see anything from Blue-winged Warblers to Indigo Buntings! You will learn about these old field nesting birds, why we band them, and how this information influences the management of the sanctuary. Be sure to get your cameras ready for a great picture! This exciting experience is for ages 5 and up.
To view Audubon Center Bent of the River's full event listings, visit http://bentoftheriver.audubon.org/events.
- Program Fee: $35 per person
- Pre-registration is required (space is limited)
- Suitable for families and children ages 5+
- For questions, please contact Kate Pratt at Kathleen.Pratt@audubon.org or 203-405-9113.
- Accessible parking by the barn
- Accessible bathroom on site
- Our gator will be available to anyone who needs a ride from the barn to the banding station.