BentFest 2019 — Join us at Bent of the River Audubon Center, with our avian friends, for our fun-filled nature festival for all ages! The festivities will include:
- Live Music by Cinnamon Sky
- Live Bird of Prey Show with Sharon Audubon Center
- Educational & Local Exhibits (including Audubon's Native Plants for Birds program and a Book Trail activity for children—featuring The Mouse and the Meadow, written and illustrated by Chad Wallace)
- Children's Crafts
- Bird Banding Demonstration
- Bird Watching
- Gator Rides
- Food Trucks: Big Green Eggs and Hamburgers and Sonny’s Grinders
- Picnicking in the Meadow
- And More!
Admission: $10 per car (by cash or check at the gate). Lower your cost per individual and carbon footprint by carpooling. No pets permitted. Rain or shine.
BENTFEST RECYCLING DRIVE: We'll also be collecting $.05 redeemable recyclables—to help keep them out of the environment and help raise funds for our sanctuary. Give nature and the Bent a helping hand and we'll give you a FREE cookie! Simply drop off your $.05 redeemable glass bottles, plastic bottles (no caps), and aluminum cans at the Recycling Drive table while at BentFest.
Proceeds from BentFest and the Recycling Drive will go to Bent of the River Audubon Center.
Event questions or interested in being a BentFest volunteer or sponsor, please contact Kate Pratt at Kathleen.Pratt@audubon.org or 203-405-9113.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors
- The Bakery of Southbury
- Connecticut Community Foundation
- Diversified Financial Solutions PC
- Gager, Bower & Scalzo, LLP
- Giuliano Richardson & Sfara, LLC
- Ion Bank
- Litchfield Distillery
- New Morning Market
- O&G Industries
- Pine Meadow Gardens, Inc.
- Premier Wine & Spirits
- Savings Bank of Danbury
- Savings Bank of Newtown
- Southbury Printing Centre, Inc. (SPCInk)
- Southbury Stone & Supply
- Union Savings Bank
- Wild Birds Unlimited of Brookfield