On October 6, 2017, Audubon invites web users to enter the Audubon BentFest Facebook Contest on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bentoftheriver.
On October 7, 2017, Audubon will randomly select a winner from the entries we receive.
The prize is one (1) free car admission to BentFest 2017 (on October 8, 2017) and a membership to the Audubon Center Bent of the River (retail value: $45.00)
Full terms and conditions are below. Thanks for your interest in nature and in joining the fun at BentFest!
2017 AUDUBON CENTER BENT OF THE RIVER BENTFEST FACEBOOK CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Sponsor(s): National Audubon Society, Inc., 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014 (“Audubon”) and Audubon Center Bent of the River, 185 East Flat Hill Road, Southbury CT 06488
2) No purchase necessary.
3) 2017 Audubon Center Bent of the River BentFest Facebook Contest (“Sweepstakes”) is open from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 6, 2017, through 11:59 p.m. ET on October 6, 2017.
4) To be eligible, you must be at least 16 years old as of October 6, 2017, and a resident of the United States. Employees, officers, and national, state, and center directors of Audubon and any and all entities directly associated with the Sweepstakes, including immediate family members and members of the same household, are not eligible to participate (collectively with Audubon, the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes are governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all the terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”).
5) To enter the Sweepstakes, you must be logged onto Facebook. Once logged on, to enter the contest, you must 1) visit Audubon Center Bent of the River’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bentoftheriver; and 2) complete the contest entry form on the Facebook page. Audubon reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission and/or entrant at any time, including for false or deceptive acts. False or deceptive acts may include multiple Submissions or Submissions reasonably suspected to be generated by script, macro, or other automatic means; any Submission the Audubon determines to be offensive, inappropriate, or not in keeping with Audubon’s image. Submissions may also be disqualified if you have not otherwise complied with any portion of these Official Rules.
6) Odds of winning depend on how many Submissions are received.
7) Grand Prize: One winner will receive one (1) free car admission to BentFest 2017 and a membership to the Audubon Center Bent of the River (retail value: $45.00)
8) The Grand Prize winner will be selected by a random drawing conducted by Audubon on October 7, 2017, from the pool of Submissions. The winner will be contacted via Facebook Messenger and the email address provided on their entry form and will be required to reply within three (3) hours. If within three (3) hours, any winner does not respond to Audubon’s notification, or otherwise cannot be contacted, or is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be randomly selected from the original pool using the same method.
9) Audubon is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, viruses, bugs, malfunctions, or other any other errors, human or otherwise, regardless of the cause (collectively, an “Error”). In the event of any Error, Audubon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, cancel, or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Audubon reserves the right to re-draw from the pool of all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received prior to the Error using the selection procedure outlined above. Prize is subject to availability. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted, except at Audubon’s sole discretion.
10) You are solely responsible for your Submission and, by entering a Submission, you represent and warranty that the content of the Submission is not defamatory, obscene, hateful, harassing, or discriminatory, nor is a violation of any law, including those protecting privacy, publicity, trade secrets, copyrights or trademarks. You agree to indemnify Audubon against any third party claim that your Submission breaches these representations and warranties.
11) Audubon reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of their prize not specified herein as being awarded.
12) By entering this Sweepstakes, you grant to Audubon the right, unless prohibited by law, to use your name, city and state of residence, voice, picture and likeness, and Submission, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods, services and mission of the Sweepstakes Entities, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity.
13) By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the prize, you and/or the winner agrees to, and hereby does, release Audubon from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with their participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the awarding, receipt, use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Audubon and its subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and their respective directors, officers, employees, attorneys, representatives, and agents, makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any winner’s ability to claim a prize awarded in the Sweepstakes for reasons of the prize provider’s bankruptcy, insolvency or failure to continue its business. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND AUDUBON HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
14) You may obtain the name and city of residence of winners by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to BentFest Facebook Contest, c/o Audubon Center Bent of the River, 185 East Flat Hill Road, Southbury CT 06488.